Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I may be on official "maternity leave"

So, I get 16 weeks of maternity leave and I really didn't want to have to use any of it before Wyatt was born. BUT I am completely miserable. Since week 30 (3 1/2 weeks ago) I have been having regular contractions (4-6 min apart) on and off. I am on procardia to help the contractions. It did help at first and then I was only taking it when I would have episodes of close contractions. On Friday we went back to the dr thinking this was really it. I was having cramps and a backache along with the contractions that were 4 min apart. But, nope he wants to stay a bit longer. I have been taking the medication non-stop since Friday and the contractions haven't really let up at all. They might for a few hours here and there but that is it. Apparently I have an irritated uterus...but it is irritating me! I worked yesterday and it was hard. But today was just miserable. I was having contractions every couple of minutes all day. I check patients out of their dr. appts and while I can sit a lot I also have to get up and done to put paper work back for patients, etc. My co-workers have helped but they can't always be there to do it for me every time. I feel like I will be a pro when it comes time for Wyatt to actually come. I have walked, talked and sat up and down through some pretty strong contractions. Anyways, I am taking Wed, Thurs and Fri off of work. I have my next dr's appt on Friday so I am going to wait and see what he says and to see if I am dilated anymore. I may or may not go back to work on Monday. I really didn't want to leave this early but I am just miserable at work. At least at home I can decide when to move around and I won't have patients staring impatiently at me!

2 comments:

Hillary Redden said...

I hope you have a few good days of rest at home! We have been praying for you during your entire pregnancy and will continue to pray that everything goes smoothly. I know if you feel like me you can't wait for it all to be over, but at the same time I want to definitely have the baby closer to the due date. I have a feeling you are going to be the first out of the three of us! ;)

Hillary

Ariana said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well! Need anything?