Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Waylon & Jesse!

Wow...I can't believe tomorrow will be their 2nd birthday. I really can't imagine how crazy our life would be right now if we had two 2 year olds running around and driving us crazy. I also wouldn't be pregnant with Wyatt now. So obviously I have mixed emotions about the whole thing but given the situation I am very happy that I have Wyatt. 2 years has dulled the pain but I still wish and want for them to be here. Sometimes it feels like a dream. I'm so glad we got photos and got to hold them. I don't think it would feel real at all if we didn't have that. I'm really curious to see if Wyatt looks anything like his brothers. Someday when the time is right Wyatt will learn of his two cowboy brothers in heaven. I'm also so grateful to have met two other moms of ttts angels, Andrea and Karen. They have done so much for me over the last two years. I don't know where I would be mentally without them.

I keep dreaming about leaving the hospital with Wyatt. I don't think I could leave the hospital again empty handed even if it is because he has to spend a few days in the nicu. It is the one thing that has haunted me over the last two years-going to the hospital to give birth and then walking out and getting in the car like nothing happened. I still remember the ride home was so very eerie and silent. BUT this time around I will be sitting in the back staring every second at our beautiful little cowboy. I guess maybe someday we'll need a cowgirl...maybe...

A big Happy Birthday to my boys!

4 comments:

Ariana said...

First, it breaks my heart to hear about your memories of coming home without the boys. I'm sending you a hug!
Second, happy birthday to Waylon and Jesse! I'm glad you shared your celebration of them with us! They are beautiful boys (whom I think look like their mama!)

Karen said...

Well Waylon and Jesse what a birthday surprise you gave me eh!! Sorry this birthday wish is belated but your mum knows that you guys were too busy looking after my new little one to even worry. Say hi to my boys for me.

Kendra, I can't wait for that live stream to Ireland in a few week LOL!

Karen xx

Suzanne said...

I'm a friend of Tom and Heidi and I just wanted to tell you that this drawing is so beautiful. I'm glad you have something you can look at to remind you of your sweet boys.

grandma di said...

I hope the boys heard my birthday wishes that day. It doesn't seem like it's been 2 yrs but on the other hand it seems like yesterday that we held them in our arms. They are and always will be very precious to us. AND, they are getting a new baby brother real soon.Hope Wyatt waits until we are closer to Nashville! Love, Grandma Lange