Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baby...Baby...Baby

I am 36 weeks-Yeah!!! I went to the dr yesterday. He checked me out and said I am 2 cm dilated. I was almost 1cm 3 weeks ago. I'm still having my contractions on and off and I am not to take my medicine anymore to stop the contractions. As he put it "we didn't want those before but we will welcome them now". I guess the good thing about having the contractions is that it will slowly dilate me so maybe the actual "labor" part won't be as long. I go back to the dr on Thursday to get checked again and to have an ultrasound to see what position he is in. I'm thinking I have about a week or two left. So what am I doing this weekend...cleaning and getting ready. Just about everything is ready but there are still some last minute things to get done, like planting my seeds for our garden this year. I really want to have a garden but I know if I don't get it started now that it won't happen. We are going to have tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant and maybe one or two other things. I have the pots inside with dirt in them so I just have to plant the seeds and we need to get the garden area outside weeded.

On a side note, I am a HUGE fan of ER. I have been since about 1997. It all started because my old boss (who was an actor on the side) from a coffee house that I worked at was in an episode of ER once. I remember watching it at the coffee house with everyone and I was hooked. So, needless to say I am so sad that ER is ending. This Thursday is the final episode of ER. It is a 3 hour event! Toby is not looking forward to that...I think he should go work on music that night. I just have this feeling that Wyatt will make his appearance that day and I'm going to miss it. I'm not saying that ER is more important than Wyatt but it would be nice if he would let his mommy watch her very last episode of ER. But...on the flip side I want a Thursday baby (he could wait until the following Thursday). Baptist Hospital where I deliver does a thing with the first couple of babies that are born on Thursdays. They have a commercial where they show off the baby and Crystal Gayle does the music to it. Back in the day as a child I was a Crystal Gayle fan. They give the parents a copy of the commercial on dvd. How cool would that be to have little Wyatt on tv only a few hours old. Here is a link to one of the commercials so you can see what they look like: http://www.sths.com/womenshealth/thursdaysbaby.php?v=1

We are getting really excited to meet Wyatt and to see what this little boy looks like!

2 comments:

Bacon Lady said...

I too love ER and am sad it's ending. I've been watching that show for like...10 years now. Geez.

Do you have a DVR? That's pretty much the only way I get to watch any of "my" shows with kids in the house. Might want to look into it since you will be engulfed by baby stuff soon.

SO soon! Good luck, Kendra. I can't wait to hear all about Baby Wyatt's grand entrance into the world.

Melissa Kirk said...

Oh man. I was so thrilled last week when Dr. Morris sort of proposed to Claudia. I love those two. I'm probably going to cry. I wonder if I can get a babysitter...

I wanted Josie to be a Thursday's baby too, but then I would've missed Lost.