Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm slowly getting the hang of this parenting thing.

It's been 2 1/2 weeks now but it feels like a lot more time has passed.Toby and I are settling into a routine that Wyatt wants to follow most of the time. He really is a pretty good baby. He has had a fussy time in the evening usually between 8 and 10pm. It would generally last an hour or two and he would just cry and cry. All we could do was hold him. He seems to be gradually growing out of that though. The last few nights the fussiness hasn't been as long and as loud. We've begun to do one formula feeding at night. That allows me to get some much needed sleep while Toby is on baby duty. I have felt like a mess these last 2 weeks. I went to the dr yesterday and he put me on a mild anti-anxiety medicine for a few weeks to see if it helps. I was crying all the time and was not able to sleep, even when I had the chance to sleep I just couldn't. Also a few times I woke up thinking that I had rolled over on Wyatt or that Angus - who came to snuggle with me, had laid down on Wyatt. These thoughts were very real to me and I even screamed at Toby one time asking him to turn on the light b/c I couldn't find Wyatt. I was reaching all around me and all I felt was Angus's hair. Turned out he was in his bassinet. I was starting to feel like I was going crazy and thanks to my husband who encouraged me to go to the dr, hopefully I will start feeling better soon.

2 comments:

Hillary Redden said...

Motherhood is hard, isn't it? It seems just as hard the second time around, but also in some ways easier. Sorry I never got back to you on those tips. I'm sure you have figured things out a little bit. If you ever do have a question about something specific, feel free to email. I can let you know what we have done. hillary

Ariana said...

No shame! I had lots of crazy moments. Meds are a great help! Call me if you need a break.