Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me


Happy Mother's Day to me, originally uploaded by kkirk78.

Wyatt is three weeks old now. I'm so lucky to have him. This is my third Mother's Day but my first one to get to spend with my baby. I miss my Waylon and Jesse but if they were here I wouldn't have Wyatt. Anyways, I like to think there is a little of both of them in Wyatt. We had a perfect day. Toby gave me the best gift of all...time to sleep in! I slept from 6am to almost 10:30am! It was awesome to be able to sleep in. Then we went to Shoney's for brunch. I was hungry for a big breakfast buffet. Then off to Lowe's we went to get some plants and soil for the pond on the patio. We are taking out the pond and replacing it with plants. It is too hard to keep up with and was becoming a breeding ground for mosquitos and such. We came home and Toby mowed while I watched over the little one. Then we all went out to the back yard (Wyatt stayed under the back porch in his bouncy seat and enjoyed staring at the porch light and dozing off occasionally) and worked on the cactus garden and the pond/plants. I really enjoy working with plants so it was very relaxing to spend my afternoon doing that. It's getting to be evening time and Wyatt just ate dinner and is now in a milk coma. I am enjoying a beer. On the list for tonight is a bath for Wyatt and relaxing for us. Life can't get much better than this.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Happy Mama's Day!