Thursday, October 9, 2008

11 week bump


11 week bump, originally uploaded by kkirk78.

Here is a pic of my growing belly. I know it's not very big yet but it's a start. If you look at my flickr page I also have a sound clip of the baby's heartbeat. The clinic that I work in has a doppler so I used it today and recorded it with my phone. I'm feeling really good right now and have been for the last week.

We also made a trip last weekend to the smoky mountains. It was soooo great!! I have all the pics up on flickr.

Toby and I are getting ready for our favorite holiday - Halloween! We are excited on top of that b/c Melissa and Josie will be here. I can't wait to have Josie in our house again. We used to have an entertainment stand that had drawers in it. When Josie was coming over all the time we kept her toys in that drawer. About a month ago, we bought a new tv and stand and I took her toys out when we moved it. It was really wierd and almost like I was saying good bye even though I know I'm not (if that makes any sense). I don't know why I just thought of that...I've been feeling sentimental & nostalgic lately (pregnancy hormones??) I've been thinking of the boys a lot lately. So far, I have not had a complete break down about them or this new baby. I think I am just really excited to be pregnant and to have the reality of a baby coming into our house. I know the reality is that I can never have my boys here with me alive and I know I cannot replace them but I can have a brother or sister for them. I know I will enjoy this pregnancy but this time I don't even care about being pregnant. I just want to skip to the moment where I am being wheeled out of the hospital with a baby in my arms. That is my dream...and it WILL be fulfilled SOON!!

Sorry I'm rambling...bye for now...

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Look at that TINY bump! I for one never dismiss anything as merely pregnancy emotions. It devalues what I am feeling, even if it is amped up to 11! I'm so glad you are talking about it all and are so honest. Lets walk the block more often! (no Freckles for me next time - she killed my hands)