Sunday, September 28, 2008

due date moved

So, Toby and I went to the dr on Friday for my 10 wk appt. He had originally given me a due date of Apr 11th which I realized after I got home was about 38 weeks not 40. So I asked him when I went on Friday and he said he must have had a brain fart. So, my due date is April 25th now which is at 40 weeks. It is also my moms b-day and 9 days after my brother and I's b-day (were five years apart). So, we'll have another April b-day to add to our b-day celebrations! I guess we'll have lots of April b-days to celebrate on both my side and the Redden side of the family with three little ones all due within days of each other. We also got to hear the heartbeat. Everything seems to be going just fine.

3 comments:

Ariana said...

My due date is 40 weeks LMP (last missed period), but only 38 gestational weeks. I'm not sure why they calculate it like that, but the baby is only 38 weeks old from fertilization to birth. Implantation takes place at 4-5 weeks LMP.

Kendra & Tobin Kirk said...

Dr. originally gave me a 38 wk due date from lmp...that's why I questioned. I know they take them earlier now but c'mon I want mine to bake til it's done :)

Ariana said...

I heartily agree. Well done babies are by far the best! A doughy baby is no good...this whole baked baby analogy can get creepy pretty fast. I'll stop now. :)