Friday, September 19, 2008

My husband loves me for many reasons and saving money is one of them.

Harris Teeter, one of our local grocery stores triples coupons up to 99cents every 3-4 months. You can only use 20 coupons a day so this was a two day event for me. This is usually a chance to stock up on condiments, side dishes, cleaning supplies and personal hygene items. I did pretty good so I thought I would post my two day shopping trip. Here is what I bought:

Trip 1
3 pouches of Betty Crocker potatoes
2 Boxes of rice (each contain 4 boil bags of rice)
1 brick of Folgers coffee
1 4pk of toilet paper
1 jar of salsa
4 cans of refried beans
1 bottle of olive oil
1 tube of colgate toothpaste
3 tubes of refrigerated rolls

Total was $12, saved $36

My great deals were: toothpaste-made 75cents on it, refried beans-all were free, and olive oil-normally $6 got for $2.75

Trip 2
4 muffin mixes (2 strawberry & 2 raspberry)
2 cornbread mixes
2 10packs of juice boxes
1 brick of Folgers coffee
large bottle of Mr. Clean cleaner
bottle of soy sauce
bottle of franks red hot sauce
1 jar of salsa
2 boxes of snack bars (like a granola bar)
2 cans of campbells soup
1 bottle of olive oil
1/2 pound of ground beef

Total was $17, saved $39

My great deals were: juice boxes-paid 50 cents for 10 boxes, olive oil again, soy sauce-paid 40cents, hot sauce -made 20 cents and mr. clean-paid 50 cents.

I spend about an hour each week to clip and organize my coupons and it definitely pays off when triples roll around!!

No comments: