Friday, September 25, 2009

A great man will be missed.


P1070059, originally uploaded by kkirk78.

I got a text message from a friend in Bloomington tonight telling me that Digger had died last night. Digger owned a bar in Bloomington that we frequented quite often. It was a sort of "Cheers" bar...where everyone knows your name. We spent a good three years coming in and out of those doors. They hosted karaoke nights there which we all had fun singing. I have so many Digger memories and stories. Toby and I drank a beer with two straws one night. They were 25oz mugs and we were splitting it so Peg (Digger's girl) gave us straws to split it. We went there early in the evening for that afternoon drink and late at night for the crazy crowd. I've danced on the bar, we had our pic on the wall of pics and went there for my bachlorette party.Toby's Red Hot Valentines cd was even in the jukebox for awhile (along with Islands in the stream-bee gees version and the girl from ipanema) Digger was a crazy man. He would put on shoes that were too big for him, play crazy instruments, put on halloween masks ( in July) and tell you to "get the fuck out". If he told you that, he really liked you. :) He will be greatly missed. We got them to carry PBR on tap b/c us and all of our friends drank it. You could get a 25oz mug for $2.50. We got them to have karaoke nights which we packed like crazy. It was a home away from home when we lived in Bloomington. May sound cheesy to some but if you have ever had a Cheers bar then you know what I'm talking about. We are trying our best to go to his visitation on Tuesday night. I really hope we can go. He was a great man and I would love to help celebrate his life.

No comments: