Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Feeling creative


see my blog..., originally uploaded by kkirk78.

Maybe it's the slowness of the small town life or maybe it's just the fact that I'm not working 40 hrs a week and I have some time to myself but I have been feeling a bit creative lately. I have a brand new sewing machine and a big dining room table that are just screaming for me to be creative on. So, I decided my first project is to make Wyatt some soft soled shoes. The shoes in the pic are the style I am going to make. The top part will be black, the back heel part will be cream and I got the cutest skull and bones faux suede fabric for the soles. He's got some fat little feet and all of the shoes that he has will not fit him. It's not a big deal now but come winter he's going to need something to cover his piggies. What a better way than to custom make his shoes! Who knows if they turn out good enough maybe I'll sell some on etsy to make a little extra dough. And if they turn out good I know some people who are getting baby gifts...

2 comments:

Trisha said...

How fun! I can't wait to see them when there done! :)

Ariana said...

Awesome!