Thursday, August 27, 2009

Friends will be missed and randomness

I wanted to add a little bit on to go with the last post. We will however miss our Nashville friends. We got back tonight (in Nashville) around 8:30 and we close on the house tomorrow at 3 and then we are out of Nashville for good (at least for living, we'll be back to visit). We've made some great friends here and they will be greatly missed. We had a small dose of small town life on Tuesday. We pulled in to our new house and while Toby and my dad were getting the moving truck up to the house our neighbors came over to say "hi". As soon as the truck was open and the ramp was out they started helping us unpack. We got the whole 24 foot truck unpacked in about an hour. It was pretty crazy. Then we all sat around for another hour or so and drank some beers and talked. Then later we went to the bar to eat some greasy bar food with my parents. Yes, Wyatt came with us and thankfully Illinois is smoke free now! Guess who is at the bar also eating dinner, our new neighbors. So, in the two days that we have been in Morrison I have to say that it is a nice change of pace; a little slower which is very much "home" to me. It was a little weird seeing people I went to high school with, something I will have to get used to. But...I am so glad that Wyatt will grow up in a small town. And yes, anyone that knows us knows that Halloween, our favorite Holiday, is coming up and we will be celebrating in style. Of course, Wyatt will have an awesome costume!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

I miss you! And why does the new guy who bought your house have 4 cars? Totally weird.