Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Haven't blogged in awhile...

I've been out of school since the week before Christmas. It's been very nice to have almost a month off. I like school, I really do but it seems things get put on the back burner while I'm in school. It's been nice to get some things accomplished. Toby, Wyatt and I celebrated Christmas Eve at home, just the three of us. We had smoked carp, potato soup, cheese and crackers. Growing up, we always had a nicer dinner on Christmas Eve (I remember one year having live lobsters in a cooler-dead ones at dinner-lol) and then opened a few gifts. We did just the same. We had our dinner and then we opened up our gifts to each other and let Wyatt open a few. It was a very enjoyable evening. That night after Wyatt fell asleep, 'Santa' came and brought Wyatt a train set. It was all set up for him on the floor and when he woke up in the morning he got the biggest surprise ever. He didn't know what to do at first, you could tell he was really surprised. We left our house later that day to go do Christmas at my parents house with my brother and his family, my parents and grandparents. Jake and Wyatt are about a year apart and they have moments where they are very cute and moments where they just fight, which is to be expected at that age. The cute moment though (and wish I had gotten a pic) was they fell asleep in bed together watching a Thomas video. We spent Christmas evening watching Christmas Vacation, a family tradition. The next morning, Wyatt and I made the 9 hr drive to Toby's parents. Unfortunately Toby had to work. We were only able to spend 1 whole day there but it was worth it. Toby's sister from MD was there with her two girls, 4 and 2. Toby's brother was there with his wife, son (6months) and daughter (3 yrs). With Wyatt there, that made 5 kids, one born every year! It was complete chaos the first night I got there as the girls were impatiently waiting for us to get there to open presents. The rest of the trip was enjoyable and Wyatt had fun playing with his cousins. It's been nice to be home for the rest of my time off from school. I'm trying to get some things organized around this house and it's coming along. For New Years, Toby, I & Wyatt went to a friends house. There were about 4 couples there with their kids. Wyatt was still running at 11pm when I put him in bed. But his eyes were closed within seconds. Well, I won't bore you with anymore for now...I hope everyone had a great Holiday season and a great New Year!

No comments: