Sunday, January 25, 2009

Funny things about having a baby inside you...

So, on weekends I can usually get up early without waking up Toby or the dog. BUT...there is no way of being so quiet that you don't wake up a baby inside of you. I woke up at 7:30 this morning with my hips killing me. Sometimes the bed makes my hips hurt sleeping on my side. So, I decided I would go lay on the couch and see if I could go back to sleep for a bit. However, little Wyatt decided since I had gotten up and moved that it was time for him to get up. He is always very active when I start moving about in the morning. At first I was a little frustrated b/c I really wanted to sleep in this morning. He wasn't just moving about either. He was pouncing back and forth from one side of my belly to the other (at least that's how it felt). But then I noticed on my left side a very rhythmic pattern like hiccups. It was the first time I have felt him have the hiccups. It lasted for about 2-3 min. It was so sweet and I just laid there feeling him hiccup every few seconds. Of course, after he was done with the hiccups he settled down and stopped moving about. By then, I was wide awake. So, my Sunday began at 7:30am but it was welcomed by Wyatt's hiccups.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Baby hiccups are so fun! I loved it when Cora got them. She even had them while I was in labor.