Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Reason I'm called Mom...

I am called Mom for three reasons, Jesse, Waylon and Wyatt.
P1100153

boys portrait-for blogging..

Several years ago if you asked me what being a mom was, I would have had a completely different answer. And even 2 years ago I had a difference answer. Then it was a mixture of emotions and thoughts after the twins died but before Wyatt was born. I was a mom but I was not a parent. To me, being a parent is a verb. It's how you raise your child. I mothered my twins but did not have them around to be a parent to. This year, after raising Wyatt for a year, my answer to what it's like being a mom is completely different. It is the most rewarding job ever! I think I am lucky too in that Wyatt is a happy little guy most of the time. I truly enjoy being a mom in every sense. Here are just a few things that I like about being a mom to Wyatt...

I like that I can hula hoop in a store and he laughs like it's the funniest thing he's ever seen. Or that smelling his stinky feet after I take his shoes off makes him laugh. When his teeth hurt and after giving him orajel and tylenol, holding him is what comforts him. Telling him to dance and then watching as he tries to wiggle his body all about with no rhythm whatsoever. Watching him crawl through a box over and over that to most people would be trash, but to Wyatt it's the best toy ever! Lastly, one of my favorite things is chasing Wyatt through the house. He loves to chase me just as much!

Happy Mother's Day to me and all the other Moms!!

No comments: